Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ok, another day in the studio ...The Dance

Another day in the studio ...and so I feel obligated to share another song for the CD and another performer, since the next time I will be in the studio will be with the actual performers ...

The Dance was a song that was written for Piece, but like so many of my favorite songs, has since been removed from the show. It no longer works within the concept of the show. This is one song in particular that I think is going to be a stunner on the CD. Strings, harp and piano. Just beautiful and lush. Some of you may even remember the demo of the song that was featured on both this site and the Piece website, sung by Lauren Kennedy.

To record the song for the CD ...

will be ...

a talented young lady whom I met almost five years ago. She and i met at one of Shoshana's yearly Hanukah/Holiday party and were partnered up as a team to play Charades. Our team came in last place. We sucked Matza balls.

I was so excited that she said she would join me for this CD as she will be in the process of gearing up to star in one of this year's biggest Broadway arrivals ...

So, it's my honor to say that ...singing The Dance will be the adorable and talented...

MEGAN HILTY.

She's amazing and will sound so beautiful on the song. I can hardly wait.