Monday, June 09, 2008

And it begins ... Behind these Walls

I head into the studio today to start recording the follow up to 'Dreaming Wide Awake.' I am beyond nervous. I don't know why, I just am. I am working with jesse Vargas again on this CD, as well as Jim Abbott and Barbara Anselmi and possibly another arranger for two other songs that i am still working on. I still can't believe I am heading back into the studio already.

Even though I said I would only announce performers every two weeks, since it is the first day of recording, I thought I would announce another performer and another song ...

'Behind these Walls' is another song that I blogged upon on my video blog. The song is about someone who tries to lie to oneself about being ok and strong after a breakup, when in reality, they are not.

And to perform the song ...

will be

the amazing ...

the incredible ...

KERRY ELLIS ...

I am so excited to have Kerry for this CD and to record with her in a few weeks, after she gets settled in as the new Elphaba on Broadway, transferring from the London Stage.

Barbara Anselmi did the new arrangement for the song and I LOVE it ... and Kerry is going to sound dynamite on it ....

if you don't know Kerry's voice, you are in for a real treat ....

ok, I need to try and sleep ...big day tomorrow ...xoxo